Sunday, July 11, 2004

Conversation.

I have to write something about my day and night yesterday. It was time better spent than any I can recall in recent memory. Though I feel the need to recount the experience, I can't find adequate words to express the content (not common for me). So, I will borrow the words of another:

A night full of talking that hurts,
my worst held-back secrets. Everything
has to do with loving and not loving.
This night will pass.
Then we have work to do.

- Jelaluddin Rumi


That is as close I can come to encapsulating it, though still there is more... Joy... Regret... Tenderness... Sadness... Fulfillment... Silent understanding... Quiet mystery...

A good night.

I wish you a night like that. Go find your way back into a conversation. Finish it. Then begin a new one. Go on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home