Friday, February 11, 2005

Bad Haiku 101

I was thinking earlier this week about starting an ongoing project wherein I would attempt to write the most awful haiku I could manage. For those unfamiliar, a haiku is a short poem. Each poem has only three lines, the first with five syllables, the second with seven syllables, and the last with five. Here are my first attempts:

#1

The wind howls with Love
Outside my bedroom window
Cats trying to fuck

#2

No pleasure more pure
Dropping the kids at the pool
While still on the clock

#3

The look of horror
Eyes burn below pools of tears
Silent but deadly

That will do for now, but I'll have more in the future. I would also like to encourage others to submit their awful haiku poetry here for public consumption. Feel free to leave it in a comment to this article, or e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.

Let's rock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home