Thursday, March 10, 2005

Metal Heart

Losing the star without a sky
Losing the reasons why
You're losing the calling you've been faking
And I'm not kidding

It's damned if you don't
It's damned if you do
Be true, cause they'll lock you up in
The sad sad zoo
Oh hidey hidey hidey
What you trying to prove?
By hidey hidey hiding
You're not worth a thing

Sew your fortunes on a string
And hold 'em up to light
Blew smoke will take
A very violent flight
And you will be changed and everything
And you will be in a very sad sad zoo

And I once was lost
But now I'm found
Was blind, but now
I see you

How selfish of you
To believe in the meaning of
All the bad dreaming

Metal heart, you're not hiding
Metal heart, you're not worth a thing

- Chan Marshall

This song has run through my head several times recently. It's one of those that does that from time to time, especially when I have stuff on my mind. It's one of my favorites, very personal. I always thought it was goofy when I'd see people post lyrics on these things, but I like having these words in my personal space in some way. I'll probably continue to post lyrics for stuff I'm listening to at the moment or that has been in my mind a lot or is otherwise floating in the ether.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home