Tuesday, November 01, 2005

WOOT If You Love Memphis!

I heart Memphis, Tennessee... Or at least the airport there...

I have two things to say about the Memphis airport. First, the whole place is filled with rejects from Deliverance. I'm from Louisiana for God's sake. I see rednecks all the time. But these folks. Wow... Just wow. These were not your garden variety rednecks. I'm talking about 25 people in the same trailer, lead poisoned well-water, living under high-power lines, marrying your sister and her mule in a polyamorous marriage, and eating paint chips type rednecks. Really strange looking folks, they. Nice as can be, but as peculiar as the day is long.

The second thing about Memphis that's noteworthy for me at the moment is that it is the busiest airport in the country, thanks in large part to Fed-Ex. This means that there will sometimes be overbooking problems on flights going that way. This is what happened to me on the way home from New Hampshire. My flight through Memphis was overbooked, so I volunteered to take another flight out, and as a bonus for doing so, the airline gave me a voucher for a free round-trip ticket anywhere in the U.S. WOOT for Memphis!

I got back late late Sunday and I'm already using my voucher to fly out again to Milwaukee. I'm going to put in applications and deposits for an apartment. Looks like I'll be moving in the next 2-4 weeks. Cool.

Alrighty. Gotta go catch a flight. My connection is in Memphis again. Hope no one there reads this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home