Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Midwest U.S. = No Hurricanes = Hip Hip!

Barring any (more) last minute insanity, I'll be flying out to Milwaukee in the morning. I need to apologize to all the people I've been planning to get in touch with this weekend. I arrived back from Canada, which was pretty damned cool BTW, and immediately had to start prepping for the storm. Then yesterday I was without electricity, power, and phone service at varying times during the day. Today I'm trying to get set for the morning and ensure that I'll be able to get on the plane. Grrr... We have power, but still no internet at the house, so I'm having to do this at a friend's house in town. My phone is working some of the time, but it's really erratic. So, I'm going to try to make all those calls tonight, but I can't promise I won't get the same stupid system errors. Suffice it to say that we're all fine here and just trying to get saddled up for the next couple of weeks of chaos. I think my uncle and his family are going to come stay with us until they reopen NOLA. Last I heard, they are completely shutting down the city until they can take care of the most pressing problems. Around 80% of the city is still underwater (15' in many places) and the stuff that's dry has been largely blown to bits. Bodies are being spotted floating down the streets. It looks like the city has been ripped apart pretty badly. Very upsetting. Hopefully they'll get everything straightened out before the refugees in the Superdome all go stir crazy and kill each other.

Anyway, hopefully I'll catch each and every one of you soon. Love to all.


Post-script: Philadelphia just added to travelport, leaving Sept. 12. WOOT WOOT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home