Thursday, March 31, 2005

Bend (do not break)

Three tricks for better living:
Only sleep to stay awake.
You must learn to be far, but still remain.
Bend, but do not break.

These are words from a song that I wrote years and years ago. I don't even remember exactly how far back. These are very significant words to me just at the moment.

Jesus, this has been a bad day. I am overwhelmed right now with everything that is about to happen to me because of events that transpired today. My life is going to change very very quickly and I'm scared to death. I need time to process before I can talk about it. I'm going to be fine, but it doesn't feel like it right at this moment. Don't worry though. I'm not dying or anything.

I have several recent conversations ringing in my ears right now. The same subjects have come up with four people who are very dear to me in the space of a week (at least two of whom will likely end up reading this :) ). Our conversations had a personal relevance that I had no way of understanding at the time. Seeming coincidences are arranging themselves into obvious patterns before my eyes. I'm experiencing the peculiar sensation of the world at large trying to tell me something. I'm getting the message, but I'm not ready to hear it yet.

I'm about to get too far into this right now and make myself really upset, so I'm going to stop. I'll get this out very soon though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home